This policy sets out how we will use and share the information that you give us.
pro-tips is a trading name of Malcom Edwards Partnership SRL which is registered in Romania with company registration number 36342977 and has its registered office at Sos. Oltenitei 47 B – Sector 4 Bucharest.
When we refer to “we”, “us”, “pro-tips”, or “protips” we are referring to this company.
You can get in touch with us in any of the following ways:
By email: email@example.com
By post: Consumer Queries, Floor 2, Confort Urban, Sos Salaj 363, BL 12, ap 32, Sector 5, Bucharest 051899.
This policy applies to individuals who have registered with protips.eu. This policy applies to information about yourself that you choose to provide us with. This includes:
- information you provide during the registration process, such as your name, and your contact details,
- information you provide when you enter prize draws, quizzes, competitions or answer surveys, such as information about your lifestyle including your favorite sports, interests, and gambling habits,
- information which we may obtain about you from third parties (for example, because you have given third parties permission to share that information with us),
- information we collect about how you use the website.
We are a data controller in relation to the information that you provide us with. As a result, we are legally responsible for how that information is handled.
We will comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation in the way we use your personal data. Among other things, this means that we will only use your personal data:
- fairly, lawfully and transparently,
- as set out in the legislation and this policy,
- to the extent necessary for these purposes.
We may process your personal data ourselves or through data processors who will process data on our behalf. If we use data processors, we will remain responsible for ensuring that they comply with this policy and data protection law.
We will take every reasonable precaution to safeguard the personal information that you supply.
What we will use your data for
We may use your information to provide you with information, newsletters, or SMS/in-app messages that you have requested.
Where you have subscribed to our newsletter or have entered a competition you would have consented to us processing your data by submitting your personal data on this site, whether in those fields marked mandatory or otherwise.
Opting out at a later date
Once you have given your consent, you can however still control whether or not you continue to receive communications. You can unsubscribe from receiving e-mail marketing or newsletter communications by using the instructions in any email communication we send you which will be an ‘unsubscribe‘ or ‘STOP‘ link.
We have a legitimate interest to process this data for the general running of our business including for transfer to our processors and for analysis.
Retention and destruction of personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the information we hold about you. We will not use your personal information unless it is (to the best of our knowledge) accurate and up to date.
We will not keep your personal information for longer than necessary. Once it has been decided that the information is no longer needed, it will be deleted promptly. Typical timescales are shown below.
- for newsletters this will normally be three months after you have unsubscribed from these newsletters.
- for competitions this will normally be six months following the end of the competition.
- Your choices in relation to personal information
You have the right to:
- obtain access to your personal information,
- the right to erasure,
- receive information about us and the purposes for which we process your personal data,
- the right to port your information to another service or to yourself
- prevent processing which may cause you damage or distress,
- object to direct marketing,
- ask us to correct any errors or delete the information we hold, opt-out of further contact.
If you would like to amend or delete your details or contact us in relation to the use of your personal information, please contact using this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure of your information
We may process your personal data ourselves or through data processors who will process data on our behalf. These organizations may fall into the following categories;
- marketing agencies who help us promote ourselves or deliver our services,
- e-mail service providers who help us to send our newsletters and communications which you have requested from us.
- If our business (or a significant part of it) is offered for sale, your personal information may be given to the prospective
We will also disclose your personal data if we are under a legal obligation to do so.
Transfer of Details Overseas , given the global nature of the Internet, use of the Internet to collect and process personal details may involve the transmission of data internationally. Therefore, by browsing the Site and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree that we may process your personal details overseas. However, we will always ensure that any third party to whom your personal details are transferred will take appropriate steps to safeguard your personal details.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data over the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security. Once we have received your data we will use strict security measures to try to protect it against loss, misuse, or unauthorized alterations.
We will also require any third parties with whom we share your information to keep the information secure.
We collect anonymous statistics regarding each user’s visits, such as which pages on the website were viewed and for how long. This information can’t be linked back to any specific individual and is collected via Google Analytics. If you wish to opt-out of Google Analytics you can do so here, or you can learn more about it here.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. For more information on this, and more information about cookies in general, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org. For information about how to delete cookies from your mobile phone, you will need to refer to your handset manual. Please be aware that restricting cookies is likely to impact on your ability to use our website effectively and may make areas of our website inaccessible or inoperable.
The cookies we use are as follows:
Name – Purpose – More Information
- Google Analytics we use Google Analytics for tracking purposes
- Twitter Analytics we use Twitter Analytics for tracking purposes
- Sumo Analytics we use Sumo for tracking purposes
- Cloudflare Security, cache storage Cloudflare cookies help optimize the website and maintain security
- cookieFB holds the ID of a featured bet used to perform a check to see if the user has already seen and closed the featured bet modal
- Offers stores an array containing bet used to display a notification of bets that the ID’s that the user has user hasn’t seen previously seen
Contacting us, exercising your information rights and complaints
Questions by email: email@example.com
Information rights: firstname.lastname@example.org